06 Apr When Incontinence Strikes
Oftentimes, people with incontinence are embarrassed to discuss their situation with their physician. With the right treatment and advice from a urologist, you’ll be back on track in no time.
First, it is important to know what incontinence is. Urinary Incontinence is the inability to control leakage of urine. It is not a disease but a symptom of an underlying medical or physical condition1 and to know whether you have incontinence, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does urine leak when you cough, sneeze, laugh or when you exercise or lift something heavy?
- Do you experience intense, sudden urge to urinate?
- Do you feel the need to urinate frequently at night?
- Is there any mental or physical condition that is hindering you from making it to toilet in time?
If you are experiencing any of the above, you may have a urinary incontinence. Urinary incontinence comes in different types and a medical professional will be able to help you determine the type and severity. It may indicate a more serious condition that needs to be addressed and it is best to deal with it at the earliest possible time so it doesn’t limit or affect your activities and social life.
Seeking help from a doctor will also help you learn other important things such as treatment options, lifestyle changes, and smart choices when it comes to food and drinks. Another important thing to remember is to choose the right pad for you, as this will help you do your everyday physical activities with ease.
A bladder control pad is different from a regular period napkin. Keep in mind that urine is less dense than blood and so there is a tendency for urine to overflow if it isn’t absorbed right away. Here is a checklist of the features to look for when searching for a bladder control pad:
- Make sure the pad is of high quality, super absorbent cotton.
- Check if there is a blue strip in the center of the pad. It makes sure that heavy amount of liquid is quickly absorbed.
- The pad must indicate that it is ideal for sudden and heavy flow of liquid, without the tendency to overflow.
- Check if it has odor neutralizer. Urine can have a pungent smell and a pad with odor neutralizer will make you feel less awkward and less conscious.
- Make sure your pad has anti-bacterial properties. Bacteria breeds in dark, moist areas and it can quickly escalate to an infection if your sensitive part is not kept dry.
If you are looking for a pad that is specifically designed for incontinence, try So Sure Bladder Control Pad. It is made of high quality, super absorbent cotton that keeps the sensitive area dry and moist-free, keeping bacteria and infection at bay. Unlike your regular period napkin, So Sure has a Blue Acquisition Layer that quickly absorbs heavy amount of urine. It guides it through the inner layers of the pad, making sure there is zero leaks and overflow. The strong scent of urine can put people off. Worse, the bad smell indicates formation of bacteria in the sensitive area. With So Sure, you can rest assured that your skin is kept moist-free and odor free. Thanks to its high quality, superabsorbent cotton and Odor Guard feature.
With So Sure Bladder Control Pad, you can be sure incontinence does not hinder you from doing the things that you love. It is effective, efficient, and fully discreet. Try it today and let us know what you think! We’d love to hear from you.